Well, I know Easter isn’t until tomorrow, but I couldn’t help my sweet tooth nor resist my urge to bake. I came across this delicious idea for Easter brownies and thought it would be fun to create. So, it’s no surprise that the inspiration I retrieved came from the hills and valleys of Pinterest, but with my own little spin.
Because the Easter Bunny is on his way, a lot of our favorite Easter candy has resurfaced or has been redesigned to coincide with pretty pastel colors and Easter themes, which made it very fun and easy to decorate my M&M’S® Easter Brownies. Now, my candy of choice was obviously Peanut M&M’S®, however you are free to use any candy of your choice!
See the Easter sweet treat recipe below!
Baking Pan (Used square glass baking dish, 8 x 8 x 2.25 in)
1 Box Duncan Hines, Chewy Fudge Brownies
Betty Crocker, Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting
1/4 Cup Waterr
1/2 Cup Oil
Peanut M&M’S® (Optional)
* Box instructions until direction 6.
1. Preheat oven to 350° for metal and glass pans, 325° for dark or coated pans.
2. Grease bottom of pan with shortening or cooking spray.
3. Empty brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water in a large bowl.
4. Stir until well blended.
5. Spread into greased pan and bake immediately (see box for pan size, bake time options).
* 6. Let cool before cutting into squares.
7. After cutting into squares, spread vanilla frosting over brownies individually.
8. Crush small handful of candies in small ziplock bag (Optional).
9. Sprinkle small amount of crushed hard candies over brownies. Then, add few pieces of whole candies.
10. Then serve!
What are your favorite Easter sweet treats?