It’s almost calming season, which means the summer-hype is coming to an end, the kids are headed back to school, the holidays are slowly approaching, and the temperatures will soon begin to cool. Aside from having an autumn birthday, another exciting thing about this time of year is being able to switch up my home decor.
I spent my last couple of weekends taking trips to some of my favorite places to shop for home decor. Considering fall is nearly everyone’s favorite season, I thought it would be a good idea to start early before the goodies are gone. I’ve picked up some of the most adorable things that I can’t wait to share with you. However, in the meantime, I wanted to let you in on a secret of my favorite ways to decorate my home for the fall.
7 Fun & Simple Ways To Decorate Your Home This Fall
1. Create a centerpiece for your kitchen table using a vase or pumpkin like the photo shown above with your choice of fall-related faux flowers. Another great accent is a table runner or placemats, which have been making quite the comeback in home decor.
2. Add a fall accent rug in front of your kitchen sink and matching kitchen towels.
3. Incorporate throw pillows and a throw blanket to your living room sofa. Fall is probably the coziest time of the year, so this is the perfect touch to add to this space. You can either add fall themed pillows and blankets or opt for solid colors related to fall. It’s totally up to you.
4. Add garland and/or fall accent pieces to mantles and/or entertainment stands.
5. Decorate your coffee table so that it coincides with your sofa’s pillows and throw. Consider adding goblets, which are always a gorgeous touch. If you’re without little ones that is!
6. Changing out your living room curtains may sound like a small thing, but you’d be surprised at how well it ties everything together. It’s an easy and inexpensive way to spruce up your home.
7. Fall candles are like the cherry on top of a well-decorated home. There’s nothing more relaxing than a nice and cozy fall setting with your favorite scent filling the room!